The standard double jointer consists of: End Preparation Station, Line-Up Station, Cap Station, I.D. Station, Clean Out Station and UT or X-Ray Inspection Station.
Pipe flow through the system is by way of skidways and or transfer cars. Hydro-mechanical processes throughout the yard accomplish pipe positioning. Pipes handling and welding functions are controlled by use of push-button or joy stick controls. Floating welding heads are used at the Line-Up and Fill Stations.
A typical system consists of the following:
- End Prep Station for increasing land on pipe bevel
- Line-Up Station for pipe alignment and 1st external weld
- Capping Fill Station for applying external weld cap
- Internal Weld Station for applying internal weld
- Power Trailer or containers with diesel generator and welding rectifiers (can be connected to utility power)
- ( Lot ) Required pipe skids and supports for transferring the pipe from station to station
- Internal Pneumatic Line-Up Clamps (customer to specify size)
- Pipe Facing Machines (customer to specify size)
CRC-Evans recommends three (3) Pipe Facing Machines, two (2) of which are required for Double Jointer operation with one (1) as a standby.
CRC-Evans recommends two (2) Double Jointing Clamps with one (1) as a standby