Hydraulic Wedge Mandrel (HWM)
The Hydraulic Wedge Type Mandrel was developed specifically to meet the bending requirements of heavy-wall and high-yield grade pipe.
Part of CRC-Evans' High-Productivity Bending System, the HWM is particularly successful in providing a smooth bend with no "out-of-round." Simple design and few parts result in low maintenance cost.
- Wedge technology delivers powerful, fast performance
- Uses the hydraulic system of the pipe bending machine for power
- Simple design and few parts result in low maintenance cost
- Bending machine operator controls the mandrel
- Travel wheels raise from the pipe wall when the mandrel is expanded
- The travel wheels are pivotally mounted to provide self-leveling of the mandrel in the pipe
- Double angle hardened steel wedges provide fast approach and powerful locking action
- Wedges will accommodate several wall thicknesses without changing shims
- Normal operation does not require an auxiliary hydraulic power unit (these can be supplied at extra cost if required by the customer)
- Units for pipe sizes from 20" to 60" (508mm to 1524mm)
- Diesel-powered units for pipe sizes from 34" to 60" (864mm to 1524mm)