Pneumatic Wedge Mandrel (PWM)
The Pneumatic Wedge Type Mandrel was developed specifically to meet the bending requirements of heavy-wall and high-yield grade pipe.
Part of CRC-Evans' High-Productivity Bending System, the PWM applies powerful radial support to the inner walls, yet remains flexible lengthwise to bend with the pipe. It is positioned and controlled manually within the pipe by a reach rod. It is particularly successful in providing a smooth bend with no "out-of-round."
- Wedge technology delivers powerful, fast performance
- Simple design and few parts result in low maintenance cost
- Travel wheels raise from the pipe wall when the mandrel is expanded
- A "Powered" PWM travels through the pipe for the next bend under its own power; a "Non-Powered" PWM is pulled to the next bend (manually)
- The travel wheels are pivotally mounted to provide self-leveling of the mandrel in the pipe
- Double angle hardened steel wedges provide fast approach and powerful locking action
- Wedges will accommodate several wall thicknesses without changing shims
- PWMs require compressed air at 200 psi (12.2 -13.6 bar); maximum safe working pressure is 210 psi (15.3 bar). This normally is provided by the compressor supplied with the mandrel. If not supplied, a standard CRC-Evans Air Compressor may be used.
- Non-powered units for pipe sizes from 10" to 20" (254mm to 508mm)
- Powered units for pipe sizes from 20" to 36" (508mm to 914mm)